The 10th Ibero-American Congress of Indicators of Science and technology will have as slogan “dialogue between producers and users of Information” and is going to update the agenda of discussion between the responsible for the production of official statistics of the region and different users of information: decision makers, managers and academics. Coinciding with the 22 years of RICYT’s work, debates will be promoted on what indicators of science, technology and innovation we generate, what use is made of that information, which are thelimitations and what new demands appears.
The meeting will be held in the city of San José de Costa Rica, between 20 and 22 November 2017. It is organized jointly by the Ibero-American Network of Science and Technology Indicators (RICYT), the Ibero-American Observatory of Science, Technology and society (OCTs/OEI) and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Telecommunications of Costa Rica (MICITT).
The Congress will discuss the traditional issues linked to the indicators and extend the scope of the debate to those areas of work that can offer new tools for the analysis of science, technology, innovation and its relationship with society and development in the region.
Soon an open call will be made for the presentation of papers that can contribute to the discussion of the themes of the Congress.
· Update the discussion agenda on indicators of science, technology and innovation.
· To Exchange national and regional experiences between different stakeholders related to the production, analysis and use of indicators in science and technology.
· Identify the main challenges posed by the use of information provided by the indicators for the analysis and formulation of scientific and technological policies.
· Analyze social representations and perceptions about science and technology in the countries of the region.
· Discuss the potential uses of science, technology, and innovation indicators to enrich social and political analyses.
· I workshop of indicators of Science and technology-Buenos Aires (Argentina) 1994.
· II Ibero-American Workshop on Indicators of Science and Technology-Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) 1996.
· III Workshop of indicators of Ibero-American and Inter-American Science and Technology-Santiago (Chile) 1997.
· IV Workshop of indicators of Ibero-American and Inter-American Science and Technology – México D. F. (Mexico) 1999.
· V Workshop of Indicators of Ibero-American and Inter-American Science and Technology – Montevideo (Uruguay) 2001.
· VI Workshop of indicators of Ibero-American and Inter-American Science and Technology – Buenos Aires (Argentina) 2004.
· VII Congress of Ibero-American and Inter-American Science and Technology Indicators – Sao Paulo (Brazil) 2007.
· VIII Congress of Ibero-American and Inter-American Science and Technology Indicators – Madrid (Spain) 2010.
· IX Congress of Ibero-American and Inter-American Science and Technology Indicators – Bogotá (Colombia) 2013.
In order to promote the exchange of experiences, they will participate in the meeting of academic and professional experts in the elaboration and analysis of indicators of science, technology and innovation, belonging to various countries and international organizations, as well as delegates of the national bodies of science and technology responsible for the official statistics.